1) Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of buyers, purchasing officers, and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services.
2) Handling received Material Requests from Projects and Departments until deliverance as per required quality and deadline with best price and specifications.
3) Maintain proper records and data of goods / materials ordered and received.
4) Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
5) Maintain / update list of vendors and suppliers with regular pricing lists of frequently needed materials.
6) Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
7) Control purchasing department budgets.
8) Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
9) Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
10) Develop and implement purchasing instructions, policies, and procedures.
11) Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
12) Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
13) Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
14) Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
15) Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
16) Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
|Job Role:||Purchasing and Procurement|
|Company Industry:||Construction; Construction/Civil Engineering; Real Estate|